Love Of The King
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love Of The King

Amor De Rey

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ryu vs. VIP ken

Go down 
+2
METAKNIGHT242
Naughtlander
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Naughtlander
Naughtlander

Ryu vs. VIP ken Empty
PostSubject: Ryu vs. VIP ken   Ryu vs. VIP ken I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:04 am

Another tutorial of mine where i will be discussing a very prominant game, and one you will probably find yourself fighting in several times as a Ryu user. Non VIP Ryu vs VIP Ken is a very important game for you to master especially when you are more familiar with same old Ryu vs Ryu. Having a good Ryu is the springboard to mastering all characters and Ryu vs VIP Ken is the springboard to mastering Ryu. Although Ryu vs Ryu is you primary traning idea your skill against unfamiliar characters will be harshly tested if you do not broaden you perspective. My discussion will be assuming that both players are vindicated.

Firstly you should know Kens plan.

Ken will be chillin' in the air mostly, and will come blasting maybe ten hadukens in you face the go back to chillin' in the air earning specials. Arrow Boring routine. A good Ken will have outragous dynamic and will be uppercutting spin kicking and doing some vindi flame fist -to- close range special combos. Know the skill of you opponant before choosing a strategy.

When facing Ken you have to realize that he will be spending alot of time in the air, and that he will usually be at his strongest when his special bar is at 2 1/2. Ken usually wants to splurge out combos rather than a pump-action style Ryu. This brings up an important idea for Ryu: A defensive special. ALWAYS try to keep one special ready for action. Here are the reasons behind a "defensive special."

1. When Ken wants to land a combo, he will usually start with a Flame Leviathan, sucking you into an oncoming Shinku or some kind of combo hell; your jumping back simply won't help. Jump as far as you can and hit him with you intant trigger haduken, hitting him full on, and thanks to lag, probably cutting of his half-completed Shinku. He has wasted 2 specials and taken a full on spec thanks to one defensive maneuver.

2. When you see a Ken pulverising an empty corner, its almost guarenteed that on his screen YOU ARE in that corner, so he will be there for a will and throw a few specs. Now its time for some defence. Once aggain wasted specs and lost health.

3. Be creative with this, there will be plenty moments where nothing but a D-spec will save you from combo death.

I understand that not all players, esp. pro, will risk it all in one combo, but the ideas are solid. Some Kens will be agile, and you have to remember, in the hands of a pro, a Ken is MUCH faster than your screen is telling you. Stay alert. Stay alive. Rolling Eyes lol

Jokes aside, you have to remain aware of his routine and plans and try get into the users head. If you where him, what would your worst case scenario be? Do THAT to him. Be fast and all over the place. Ken will devour a slow Ryu in seconds, and predictibility is his favorite seasoning(yes I made that up myself Very Happy)

The best place to land your non-D specials is below Ken, because thats where he will be after the lag goes away. Also, when you see a Ken hadukening (lol?) his way down, land an uppercut under him, you might just hit jackpot. Please practice these ideas, they may not work first time, its needs skill to execute them with flare, and skill comes with experience. Have fun and keep owning!

Love of the King
Back to top Go down
METAKNIGHT242
Champion
Champion
METAKNIGHT242

Character sheet
Loyalty :
Ryu vs. VIP ken Left_bar_bleue175/200Ryu vs. VIP ken Empty_bar_bleue  (175/200)
Fighting Skillz:

Ryu vs. VIP ken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryu vs. VIP ken   Ryu vs. VIP ken I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:05 pm

wow dude your smart!
Back to top Go down
~LOK~KenFlamez
Elite Member
Elite Member
~LOK~KenFlamez

Character sheet
Loyalty :
Ryu vs. VIP ken Left_bar_bleue165/200Ryu vs. VIP ken Empty_bar_bleue  (165/200)
Fighting Skillz:

Ryu vs. VIP ken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryu vs. VIP ken   Ryu vs. VIP ken I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:17 pm

O_O
Back to top Go down
Techno
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Techno

Character sheet
Loyalty :
Ryu vs. VIP ken Left_bar_bleue170/200Ryu vs. VIP ken Empty_bar_bleue  (170/200)
Fighting Skillz:

Ryu vs. VIP ken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryu vs. VIP ken   Ryu vs. VIP ken I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:04 pm

Damn not this shit again -.-' ... i already knew these ..

Naah im just joking bro .. Nice!
Back to top Go down
-Dragan-
CO-LEADER
CO-LEADER
-Dragan-

Character sheet
Loyalty :
Ryu vs. VIP ken Left_bar_bleue225/225Ryu vs. VIP ken Empty_bar_bleue  (225/225)
Fighting Skillz:
Ryu vs. VIP ken Left_bar_bleue225/225Ryu vs. VIP ken Empty_bar_bleue  (225/225)

Ryu vs. VIP ken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryu vs. VIP ken   Ryu vs. VIP ken I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 4:20 pm

Good advises bro Wink im already immune to kens cuz i trained alot with HK and know almotst every stuff on ken
Back to top Go down
Naughtlander
Naughtlander

Ryu vs. VIP ken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryu vs. VIP ken   Ryu vs. VIP ken I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 4:29 pm

-Dragan- wrote:
Good advises bro Wink im already immune to kens cuz i trained alot with HK and know almotst every stuff on ken

yeah its more for getting the moderates to you level dragan
Back to top Go down
~LOK~CraziiLegz
Sectional Moderators
Sectional Moderators
~LOK~CraziiLegz

Character sheet
Loyalty :
Fighting Skillz:

Ryu vs. VIP ken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryu vs. VIP ken   Ryu vs. VIP ken I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 4:59 am

Closed & Moved.! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ILikeBlood
Sponsored content

Ryu vs. VIP ken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryu vs. VIP ken   Ryu vs. VIP ken I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ryu vs. VIP ken
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Love Of The King :: Old Stuff :: Closed Discussions-
Jump to: