Love Of The King
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love Of The King

Amor De Rey

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to Kill a Bison

Go down 
+3
(~SmokinAces~)
Techno
Naughtlander
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Naughtlander
Naughtlander

How to Kill a Bison Empty
PostSubject: How to Kill a Bison   How to Kill a Bison I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:31 am

This is kinda like a part two of my last topic about priority in terms of upping our game, but this time its in the actual game. Most of you get a bit nervous when you see your opponant choose bison; and most of you struggle to win against him as a character. I decided to make a small topic of how to beat a bison, and you can add some tips of your own to it; because bison is a char many lok members struggle with. First off you may ask who is the best char against bison, the answer is: In my experience, VIP Ken is the toughest char to beat with bison, and you will most likely be better of with him; the ideas being:
1. Shin Hadruken. This has stuck out to me to be VERY dangerous special for bison, bison being mainly a grounded character.

2. Again taking advantage of bison being stuck to ground: Ken can stay in the air for fairly long periods of time , giving you protection from his powerfull specials on the ground.

3. Kens spin kick and uppercut can be great in defending the space of the ground (hoping youve shot a few hadukens before hand).

If you do not have a vip ken, Ryu, Sakura, or a pro wolfie will suffice.

For Sakura:

1. Very large and potentially fast projectiles to fight with bisons.
2. Good spin kick and Shouken is a great defensive/ dodge move.
3. Good specs for Bison

For Ryu:

The main idea is to land an uppercut to a pro teleporting bison.
1. uppercut (above)
2. Shinku Haduken very effective against Bison.
3. Fast projectiles.

Try staying in the air as much as possible against a Bison.

For Wolverine:

It is important that you are very good with wolverine or it will be suicide. Having said that:

1. Good melee attacks for a ground char like bison.
2. The great big X will certainly give Bison a challenge, so plant them in groups on each side of the screen.
3. Try a Beserker Barrage in the center occasionally.

Don't forget Wolfie is a char like everyone else and you STILL NEED TO switch sides.

For Chun Li:
I added this character thanks to the advice of (~SmokinAces~)
Ive found Chun Li a bit difficult to play when it comes to Bison, but I very much aacknowledge that a pro Bison will definately have problems. Although as a character Chun Li is quite a player dependant, similar to Wolfy in terms of YOU NEED TO HAVE ALOT OF EXPERIENCE with that char, while an average Ken for instance still has great benefits. Having said that I think this is what (~SmokinAces~) was trying to say {with a few of my own tips} :

1.Good 3 step jump for defensive purposes.

2. Good specials, although hard to land at times they are great for controling space and makes it hard for a Bison user not to make a mistake. Try practice with a friend Chun Li vs Bison and see how you can use this in your style of play.

3. Her version of spin kick is VERY effective and should be used regularly. In coordination with projectiles this will be your winner.

Once again il say this was quite a bit of work for me so I hope it was helpful!

Love of the King

Last edited by Naughtlander on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Techno
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Techno

Character sheet
Loyalty :
How to Kill a Bison Left_bar_bleue170/200How to Kill a Bison Empty_bar_bleue  (170/200)
Fighting Skillz:
How to Kill a Bison Left_bar_bleue165/200How to Kill a Bison Empty_bar_bleue  (165/200)

PostSubject: Re: How to Kill a Bison   How to Kill a Bison I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 11:25 am

Damn, good advice again though .. !

Back to top Go down
(~SmokinAces~)
Sectional Moderators
Sectional Moderators

Character sheet
Loyalty :
How to Kill a Bison Left_bar_bleue175/200How to Kill a Bison Empty_bar_bleue  (175/200)
Fighting Skillz:
How to Kill a Bison Left_bar_bleue175/200How to Kill a Bison Empty_bar_bleue  (175/200)

PostSubject: Re: How to Kill a Bison   How to Kill a Bison I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Nice...
Though i have to disagree;)
In my opinion, the best character against bison is chun li...
Since bison is mostly stucked on the ground, it`s easy to overjump his attacks with chun's 3-step jump...
I pretty much owned dante's bison with chun...
And thx for the advices:) I really appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
METAKNIGHT242
Champion
Champion
METAKNIGHT242

Character sheet
Loyalty :
Fighting Skillz:

PostSubject: Re: How to Kill a Bison   How to Kill a Bison I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:07 am

Yeah nice advice naughtlander but i think smokin advice is kinda tru
Back to top Go down
Naughtlander
Naughtlander

PostSubject: Re: How to Kill a Bison   How to Kill a Bison I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:12 am

Interesting, I never considered chun li. However I still feel stronger with a vip ken, I have found chun li a bit laggy when landing specials, because bisons ever active teleport keeps him tricky to hit with chuns special. As for her kicking specials, Bison usually lands a block or teleports to safety. Also her projectiles struggle in my opinion when it comes to a versitile bison. I still feel kens eternity in the air and amazing offensive skill toward a Bison overshadows chin lis small dodging defence. Thanx for the opinion, i will be looking deeper into Chun Li vs Bison.
Back to top Go down
METAKNIGHT242
Champion
Champion
METAKNIGHT242

Character sheet
Loyalty :
Fighting Skillz:

PostSubject: Re: How to Kill a Bison   How to Kill a Bison I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:17 am

yeah ken can beat bison too but i think chun li is a better way
Back to top Go down
(~SmokinAces~)
Sectional Moderators
Sectional Moderators

Character sheet
Loyalty :
Fighting Skillz:

PostSubject: Re: How to Kill a Bison   How to Kill a Bison I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 12:13 pm

You have to get at least lvl 2 with chun li... Then you have to decide whether you do the shadow kick or the energy bubble (sorry don't know the right special names;)
To prevent bisons round energy thing, you just do the thousand kick special in the air...
That mostly does it;) But like with every other char, you have to time your attacks right...
Back to top Go down
~LOK~HK2401
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
~LOK~HK2401

Character sheet
Loyalty :
How to Kill a Bison Left_bar_bleue185/200How to Kill a Bison Empty_bar_bleue  (185/200)
Fighting Skillz:
How to Kill a Bison Left_bar_bleue186/200How to Kill a Bison Empty_bar_bleue  (186/200)

PostSubject: Re: How to Kill a Bison   How to Kill a Bison I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 2:28 pm

i think practically sakura is the best to beat bison , bigger hadokens mean more chance to stop bison's specials works all the time , she also has the alrgest area of attack

and N lander very nice material you have there Smile
Back to top Go down
METAKNIGHT242
Champion
Champion
METAKNIGHT242

Character sheet
Loyalty :
Fighting Skillz:

PostSubject: Re: How to Kill a Bison   How to Kill a Bison I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 3:53 pm

ikr^
Back to top Go down
Masta_Of_Ramen
Masta_Of_Ramen

PostSubject: Re: How to Kill a Bison   How to Kill a Bison I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 3:16 pm

Bison is too pro for this topic xD
Back to top Go down
~LOK~CraziiLegz
Sectional Moderators
Sectional Moderators
~LOK~CraziiLegz

Character sheet
Loyalty :
Fighting Skillz:

PostSubject: Re: How to Kill a Bison   How to Kill a Bison I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 5:13 am

Closed & Moved.! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ILikeBlood
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Kill a Bison   How to Kill a Bison I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Kill a Bison
Page 1 of 1